If you mention travel in Pakistan and India, Americans often think about safety. I’m in my fifth week of travel in Pakistan and recently spent three years living in India.The best safety tip for business travelers is a local cell phone with numbers added to its address book for people whom you are be going to meet. If you or your driver become lost and you cannot communicate properly, simply call up the person you are to meet and ask him or her to provide directions to you or your driver.In the following paragraphs, we examine how to take taxis and rickshaws, and how to keep your belongings safe in a hotel. We conclude with a general discussion about democracy and personal safety issues in Pakistan.Since taxis are an essential part of business travel, they will be covered first. In an upcoming article here, the subject of cell phones will be covered in detail, along with health tips and advice on food safety.Hotel cabs are expensive. Walk up the block and you can cut your cost in half.Never enter a cab before checking to see that the driver knows where to go or before negotiating the price. Foreigners are routinely… Read full this story
- ITF shifts Pakistan-India Davis Cup tie to neutral venue
- The last (plastic) straw: travel and its environmental responsibilities
- Mom who investigates drownings posts viral plea to parents on water safety. Here are her tips.
- RSPCA urges pet owners to have fire safety plan
- Ask The Travel Expert: What are the best resorts to visit near Singapore?
- Asian Games: India return with lesser medals but hockey gold brings joy
- Backpacker diaries: travellers' tales from South America
- Après-ski bars: readers’ travel tips
- Kate Middleton touches down in Pakistan in designer shalwar kameez alongside Prince William, amid heavy security, with Duke set to praise country as 'key partner and friend' on first UK royal visit there for 13 years
- After UK, Germany, Australia 'strongly' discourage their citizens from travelling to Kashmir
EXPERT ADVICE Travel Safety Tips for Pakistan, India have 331 words, post on www.technewsworld.com at March 8, 2005. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.