So I am sitting here back in my office and I want to bring our last 2 days in New York City to paper. Considering that the weather forecast for Saturday was pretty bad (rain and maximum temperatures of 13 degrees C), the day turned out much nicer than expected.Surrounded mostly by Caribbean retail outlets, we got a headstart by walking down Flatbush Avenue in the heart of Brooklyn. At Avenue U we grabbed a bus to the west end of Coney Island and started walking along the boardwalk.When you come from Toronto you associate the term “Boardwalk” with a nice upscale residential neighbourhood, mature trees, manicured lawns, Victorian houses, well maintained playgrounds, tennis clubs etc. Well, the boardwalk in Coney Island is just a little different.Essentially it is a very wide beach with a wooden boardwalk, made up of 5 sections of wooden planks laid down in a different orientation, probably 15 to 20 m wide, that is surrounded by a large number of low rental apartment buildings. There are huge parking lots for school buses, and all the buildings are closed off with high fences so residents and visitors only have access through the main streets to get… Read full this story
- Eric Garner Case Is Settled by New York City for $5.9 Million
- Vote-by-Mail Ballot Requests Overwhelm New York City Elections Agency
- ‘Nightlife Noir’ Explores New York City Club Culture In Comic Book Form
- New York City Teachers, Parents Voice Concerns About Changing School COVID Safety Protocols
- New York City Public Schools To Increase COVID Testing, Relax Quarantine Rules
- Think Pigeons Are a Nuisance? Meet New York City's Pigeon Whisperer
- New York City anti-vaccine mandate protesters storm mall food court: 'My body, my choice'
- New York City Public Schools Welcome Students Back For 1st Day Of All In-Person Classes
- New York City schools reopen with vaccine mandates, no remote option
- Chelsea Clinton returns to New York City after Hamptons vacation
Hello from New York City (6) - Checking out Coney Island and (amazingly Clean) Harlem have 312 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 27, 2005. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.