Recently the Pastor General, a kind of theological CEO, of the Worldwide Church of God, said …”For people who feel dirty, Jesus offers cleansing. For people who feel ashamed, he offers honor. For people who feel that they have a debt to pay, he offers forgiveness. For people who feel alienated, he offers reconciliation. For people who feel enslaved, he offers freedom. For those who feel like they don’t belong, he offers adoption into a permanent family. For those who feel tired, he offers rest. For those who are anxious, he offers peace.RITUALS OFFER ONLY THE NEED FOR THEIR CONTINUAL REPETITION.” (Emphasis mine)I would differ with that and state that humans always have and always will need ritual as an outward expression of the inner consciousness. Any church that thinks it is free of ritual in some real way where some generic “knowing” Jesus works better, is kidding itself.The Worldwide Church of God, was and still is a church, like all churches of ritual. The debate is not over to have them or not but rather it has always been over whose rituals are outdated, of the devil or God’s true and right rituals.Take Christmas, now celebrated by WCG with… Read full this story
- Ritual Sacrifice of 137 Children Found at 15th-Century Archaeological Site in Peru
- The rise and fall of a super-intelligent, self-aware Facebook game
- The 10 best albums inspired by drugs – in pictures
- Temple Dedicated to Aztec God of Sacrificial Flaying Uncovered in Mexico
- Mindfulness for middle school students
- Jean Giono’s Dreamy Murder Mystery
- Strange and Curious Sects: EnlightenNext
- How meditation might ward off the effects of ageing
- All it takes is a “Freaky Tuesday” for
- Humanism, Astrology, and Crystals – Oh My!
Rituals: Repetitive Gibberish or Evidence of Our Spiritual Awareness? have 280 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 12, 2006. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.