What if you could recline on your sofa, turn on your stereo, play some music, and have your chronic pain start to disappear? There isn’t any therapy more easy and more peaceful than listening to music. “Music therapy” is a treatment usually used in a clinical setting to improve the quality of life for people with certain conditions; mainly, individuals with learning and behavioral problems, psychiatric disorders, and neurological deficits that range from autism to Alzheimer’s disease. Basically, it’s used in those who have problems with physical, cognitive, social, or psychological functioning. Music promotes wellness, manages stress, helps express feelings, boosts memory, improves communication, and promotes physical rehabilitation. Music is sensory stimulation and it does one more thing as well — it helps control pain. A new study has found that the simple act of hearing an album play may reduce symptoms for the up to 75 million Americans who live in chronic pain due to a variety of illnesses. At the Cleveland Clinic, a research team examined 60 people who had been suffering from chronic pain (for an average of six years), and gave them the following treatment regimen: listen to one hour of music every day. The participants… Read full this story
- My wife and I tried this 20-pound weighted blanket — it put me to sleep in minutes and helped ease her anxiety
- 6 Foolproof Ways to Start Every Workday Feeling Refreshed
- I walk four to five miles a day on my treadmill desk, and it's completely changed the way I work
- Pippa Malmgren: ‘biflation’ is coming, and it’s going to hurt
- Inside 23andMe founder Anne Wojcicki’s $99 DNA Revolution
- What Kobe Bryant Learned From His New Mentor, Film Composer John Williams
- What Happened When I Gave Up My Smartphone For A Week
- JCPenney And Kohl’s Are Best Retailers For Black Friday Deals
- How I Bought a Home in Austin, Texas
- Can this biohacking relaxation center make you more productive?
Study Finds That Music Eases Pain have 315 words, post on www.doctorshealthpress.com at June 13, 2006. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.