Possibly the most shocking, disheartening, and infuriating cover-up in American history is the concealment of the true dangerous nature of asbestos. The intentional cover-up of the harmful and deadly effects of asbestos contributed to thousands of illnesses and deaths of workers who were unaware of this deathtrap. Asbestos has been the sole cause of mesothelioma, asbestosis, and some forms of lung cancer. These merciless diseases have led to the loss of friends and family; all innocent people whose lives could have been saved by stopping the use of asbestos.Asbestos has been used for centuries, dating as far back as 3000 BC. This material was mostly used for insulation due to its temperature resistant qualities. Those who used asbestos in past times have noted that workers seem to die prematurely after working with asbestos. This simple revelation did not seem to thwart asbestos use during the Industrial Revolution in the late 1890s to 1900s. The high demand for Navy ships caused the use of asbestos to jump 17-fold at shipyards during WWII, endangering millions.The first documented asbestos-related deaths were in 1906. From this time on, companies that used asbestos in various industries made it their sole objective to hide the harmful… Read full this story
- How to Tell if You Have Mesothelioma from Asbestos Exposure
- The Asbestos Disaster - Who Is To Blame
- Asbestos - Mesothelioma
- Asbestos Litigation - Some Basic Facts About The Process
- Mesothelioma: More About this Asbestos Cancer
- What Should You Do if Diagnosed with Asbestos-related Disease?
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma Cancer
- What the Asbestos Companies Knew About Mesothelioma
- A Comment on Asbestos Legislation
The Asbestos Coverup have 258 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 17, 2006. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.