Tay Nguyen healthcare progresses (22-09-2006) Dr Nguyen Tien Dat, chairman of the expanded programme for immunisation in the Tay Nguyen (Central Highlands) region, sat down with Suc khoe&Doi Song (Health&Life) newspaper to review progress over the past 20 years. How has the programme contributed to child healthcare, especially preventing the spread of dangerous infectious diseases, in Tay Nguyen over the last years? Like other regions, Tay Nguyen has been implementing the expanded vaccination programme since 1985. After 20 years, the programme has made remarkable progress. The percentage of children under the age of one who receive the six kinds of basic vaccines has been at 90 per cent for years. Polio and tetanus in newborn babies were eliminated in the region in 2000. The percentage of those who contract diphtheria and whooping cough has been reduced considerably. The programme contributes to strengthening the local healthcare service network and improves health workers’ capacities to meet healthcare demands of Tay Nguyen’s ethnic minorities. What are the elements of success? The programme has been supported by local authorities and healthcare workers from provincial levels down to the communes. The women’s association, the red cross society and youth unions have also participated. Organising mobile…
- HCM City banks on digital innovation in healthcare
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc urges Australian businesses to invest in Vietnam
- PM inspects progress of Trung Luong-My Thuan Expressway
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends 35th ASEAN summit
- GE Healthcare and CTSI announce partnership to elevate the Standard of Cancer Care.
- Biden Healthcare Plan Would Make Roe Federal Law and Force Taxpayers to Pay for Abortions
- Actor and Firefighter Dango Nguyen Dies from Cancer: 'He Touched Many Lives'
- Cyclist Nguyen Tan Hoai wins second stage of PAN’s cycling tournament
- PM inspects progress of Trung Luong - My Thuan Expressway
- Report: James Biden Secured $500,000 Loan from Healthcare Firm Under Federal Investigation
Tay Nguyen healthcare progresses have 302 words, post on at September 22, 2006. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.