For aging baby boomers, the decision on where to retire is made difficult by so many beautiful North American venues. Historically, many have chosen to buy Florida property, particularly in the Tampa, Clearwater, and St. Petersburg Florida marketplace because of the warm climate, beautiful beaches, friendly people, fine health care, no personal income tax and a variety of other reasons.Yes, the City of St. Petersburg has experienced periods of glory, disrepair and now, revitalization. In 1875, Detroit resident General John Williams purchased 2,500 acres of land on Tampa Bay. The General had visions of a grand and vibrant city with elegant parks and broad streets, which today are the trademark of St. Petersburg’s cityscape.Within a dozen years, the Russian aristocrat Peter Demens brought the Orange Belt Railway to St. Petersburg. The first train arrived on June 8, 1888. Shortly thereafter Demens named the city after his birthplace, St. Petersburg, Russia.Florida’s love affair with baseball soon brought professional baseball’s spring training to St. Petersburg, Florida in 1914. Al Lang, the city’s former mayor, convinced Branch Rickey to move his St. Louis Browns to the Sunshine City for spring training.The state’s first big growth boom in the 1920’s resulted in an invasion… Read full this story
- Putin's nuke blackmail threat unravels 'St Petersburg and Moscow wiped out in 90 seconds!'
- Uefa set to strip St Petersburg’s Gazprom Arena of Champions League final at emergency meeting after Ukraine invasion
- Florida rapper Rod Wave arrested on outstanding warrant
- The Cuban Bakery Known Throughout Florida
- Florida cop shot man with mental health issues on third day in job
- Largest Healthcare Fraud Takedown: 19 Of 345 People Charged In Florida
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis approves map that could give GOP 4 more U.S. House seats
- Housing Market Impacts Florida Residents’ Mental Health
- Russian bots took over Twitter with hashtags promoting propaganda about the Parkland, Florida, shooting
- Florida Rapper Rod Wave Arrested On Domestic Battery Charge
Living In Paradise - St Petersburg, Florida have 313 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 12, 2007. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.