Sometimes as parents we forget how simple and subtle the lessons in life can be.I was reminded of this yesterday afternoon when I heard the cheering of youngsters playing a Little League baseball game in the nearby city park. It is amazing when the noise of kids at play can carry the sound a half-block away and into the open window of your living room.Little League baseball games can get noisy. Kids are excited when the bases are loaded and their next hitter sends a screaming line drive into the outfield.They know that the outfielder will likely boot the ball, and as it gets by him on its merry way to the fence, all three players on base will score and the hitter will probably come home safe with an inside-the-park home run and 4 ribbies (runs batted in) to his credit.Ah, baseball, spring is in the air and summer is approaching.The pure fun of sport is so normal and so natural to our human experience.I read a study once that interviewed hardened criminals spending life in prison for capital crimes, such as murder. A psychologist asked inmates what they missed most now that they were spending the rest of… Read full this story
- Exclusive: Baseball finding its feet in India; youngsters showing interest to pursue their career in the sport
- Behind home plate and enemy lines: New documentary reveals Major League baseball player Moe Berg's transition from an Ivy League-educated catcher to a World War II-era spy tasked with infiltrating Germany's atomic bomb program
- Contraction chatter not slowing minor league job seekers
- Top ten English Premier League managers of the decade
- Israel’s baseball team turned to Shlomo Lipetz for the biggest out in program history
- Jurgen Klopp labels Liverpool's Barcelona defeat as 'best away Champions League performance'
- 'This is what the league should do!' Donald Trump applauds Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones for requiring his players to 'stand during the anthem, toe on the line'
- Wot I Think - Surviving Mars: Green Planet
- Wot I Think: Environmental Station Alpha
- MLB proposal eliminates the minor leagues in Colorado. But Grand Junction and Colorado Springs are pushing back
If You Think Little League Baseball Does Not Teach Important Survival Skills, Think Again have 355 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 7, 2007. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.