The election process has always been less an expression of the democratic will of the people than a mass herding of uninformed voters tricked into choosing between two virtually identical candidates supported by the same large financial and corporate interests. Especially now, though, with foreclosure rates rising and more fraud in the mortgage markets being uncovered by the day, solving the housing crisis has become a political tug of war for both of the major candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama.Both candidates have outlined plans to help homeowners facing foreclosure, and while few voters typically read through even such sparsely informational sites as the candidates’ own websites, it can be seen from a short analysis of the proposed policies if either nominee will be able to provide assistance to the markets. The issues will be examined for each candidate, with the Republican nominee analyzed here.Although the official site says McCain’s “approach to helping sub-prime or other financially strapped mortgage borrowers is built on sound principles,” what it means is that the focus is on contradictory principals: No taxpayer money should bail out real estate speculators or financial market participants who failed to perform due diligence in assessing credit risks. Any… Read full this story
- U.S. senators ask FIFA to strip 2018 World Cup from Russia over Ukraine crisis
- The Latest: GOP candidates begin with moment of silence
- The Latest: Republicans make closing remarks to Miami
- The Latest: Trump says he's had enough presidential debates
- The Latest: Kasich urges candidates to unite the country
- The Latest: GOP candidates offer opening remarks to Miami
- Jeopardy for two White House lawyers as impeachment inquiry zeroes in on them over Donald Trump's Ukraine call being rushed on to secret server after Purple Heart officer 'raised concerns'
- Top 20 WTF moments in UFC history
- The Latest: WHCA urges campaigns to protect journalists
- The Latest: Keep black cats away from Baffert
Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain on the Housing Market and Foreclosure Crisis have 308 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 30, 2008. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.