Virtualization represents a huge monetary savings opportunity for businesses. Virtualization revolutionizes software licensing as we currently know it and application developers are scrambling to develop new licensing models.By enabling a single computing source to run as multiple logical resources it can allow a single server application access to innumerable users without violating traditional licensing models that are figured per user or per processor. Vendors using virtualization software enables other applications to run on logical partitions at the application layer. This makes the software transparent regarding its physical location, thus rendering traditional per processor software licensing meaningless. Along with multi-core processors on the hardware end, virtualization is forcing new licensing methods on all software application developers even as this article is written.Consolidating applications on fewer servers enables businesses to run using less hardware. Oftentimes servers are under-utilized with a significant amount of processing power idling and unused. Running fewer servers saves money not only in up-front hardware costs but also by reducing energy bills and reducing the number of IT staff required for server management. Plus, processing power is used efficiently and more up to the capabilities each server can handle.Keep in mind that the software industry will catch up to… Read full this story
- How technology is engineering loneliness
- Augmented reality and virtual reality spending to reach $28.8 billion in Asia-Pacific in 2024: IDC
- ‘Geospatial technology crucial in country’s development’
- The age of Virtual Reality fitness is here: are India gyms ready?
- HCL to organise mega virtual recruitment drive on Feb. 12, 13
- DRDO to showcase technologies, innovations and capabilities at Aero India 2021
- ISS Crew Member Reveals Difficulties of Filming Virtual Reality Documentary in Space
- Governor lays foundation for incubator virtually
- A virtual multimedia treat awaits visitors at Jaya’s mausoleum
- Digital technology now core to resilience, business continuity: Satya Nadella
Virtualization Technology - Simple Insight Into the Emerging Technology have 297 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 21, 2008. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.