I came across an article comparing the human eye with a digital camera. The eye stood out far above the camera as for now. But we do not know how long it will be before the camera catches up with the eye. While the camera has a maximum capacity of 12 megapixels, the eye is estimated to be equivalent to over 500 megapixels!The article got me thinking about light and the eye. I read that light is not only wave form of energy, it has a particle aspect too. This makes for the duality in the nature of light. Light when passed through 2 vertical narrow slits creates bright and dark bands on the screen, attributed to interference of the split wave. The bands cannot be explained by the particle theory of light. On the other hand, scattering of reflected light cannot be explained by the wave theory. How can the 2 aspects be together? This duality may be an easy to digest concept for the boffins, but it did get my head spinning.I learnt that the particle of light, named ‘photon’ by Gilbert N. Lewis, had amazing properties. It always moved at an incredible speed of 300,000 kilometers per… Read full this story
- See amazing illustrations of the fashionable guests at the royal wedding
- Dan Chick Is Bringing the Fantastic World of Light Painting to Colorado
- 'This show is an amazing oasis of feminism... I find it empowering'
- Pearce Branagan's girlfriend pays tribute to hurler 'who could light up room with his smile'
- Honda Sells Close To 10,000 Units Of The New Amaze In May 2018
- Why Everton's youth players are amazed by seeing hero Wayne Rooney, reveals Northern Ireland ace Shayne Lavery
- Weird and wonderful hats turn heads on Ladies’ Day at Royal Ascot
- Why these three pals will be sleeping under the stars at the Stadium of Light
- Cocktail of the Week: Rumble's Red Light District
- Nathan Carter to light up the links at Irish Open music festival
Amazing Photons Wonderful Light have 318 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 17, 2008. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.