Again intellectual property can be classified as ‘statutory’ intellectual property such as Patents, Trade Marks, Copyrights, Industrial Designs, Plant varieties, topographies of printed circuits, geographical indications and ‘non statutory’ such as trade secrets, confidential information, trade dress, the equitable right to prevent ‘passing off.’What is an IP professional?An IP professional is a person who firstly is able to recognize intellectual assets, is able to differentiate between an intellectual asset and intellectual property, and is able to classify an identified intellectual property into its various forms. Secondly, once an intellectual property is identified, the IP professional, such as the Patent Attorney or Patent Agent or the Trademark Attorney or Trade Mark Agent is able to provide cost effective solutions to fortify the intellectual property to the fullest extent possible. Thirdly, once intellectual property rights are obtained the IP professional, typically an IP manager, optimally manages these rights by timely renewals, periodic audits, being alert about breaches, extending the rights to other countries and products or services. Fourthly, in the event of a breach of these rights which may be in the form of infringement, piracy, counterfeiting, passing off or violation of the terms of an agreement, again an IP professional, typically… Read full this story
- Sarah Jessica Parker on Footloose, Sex And The City, and the life-changing role that came in between
- Jerry Manuel likely out as Mets manager after season, Omar Minaya's role with team is less certain
- Short Takes: 'Kaboom,' 'IP Man 2,' 'When We Leave,' 'Biutiful,' 'Strongman'
- CES 2019: LG's IP Park presents a vision of "evolving intelligence"
- BlackBerry Q4 tops estimates on strong IP and licensing revenue
- Short reviews: 'D-bag,' 'Leaving, 'IP Man,' 'Hungry Ghosts,' 'Freakonomics,' 'Speed-Dating'
- Business Movers: A round-up of people who have begun interesting new roles
- Rackspace rebrands, aims to be unbiased managed cloud, professional services provider
- Canberra wants more women to take up STEM roles
- BlackBerry taps former Cisco exec Bryan Palma for COO role
The Role of an IP Professional have 322 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 19, 2009. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.