A disturbing piece of legislation is being sneaked into U.S. law that will have a detrimental effect on the civil liberties and constitutional rights of all Americans, particularly those starting a family.A sweeping new policy for all births in the United States has just passed the House of Representatives and is now headed to the Senate.The “Mother’s Act” will make it compulsory that all new mothers are screened by means of a list of subjective questions that will determine if each mother is mentally fit to take their newborn child home from the hospital. Under this Act, after your child is born, you can be told that you can’t take them home because a multiple choice questionnaire wasn’t answered “correctly.”You can be placed in the position that the only way you can take your child home with you is if you or your spouse goes into treatment or on anti-depressants. Anti- depressants can cause psychosis, delusions, and even homicidal or suicidal thoughts. This is a matter of very extensive documentation and the harm done by anti-depressants is currently the subject of a great deal of controversy, with human rights, health and consumer groups campaigning to bring the dangers to public… Read full this story
- Vietnam Constitution promotes human rights
- Vietnam deserved to be a member of the UN Human Rights Council
- US Congressmen object to Vietnam human rights bill
- A basic human right, education is also a tool to eradicate poverty
- UNGA suspends Libya's membership in Human Rights Council
- Attaching human right and aid is non-humanitarian
- Vietnam strongly protest and reject "Vietnam Human Rights Act of 2004"
- Vietnam pursues human rights protection policy
- Human rights protection under discussion
- Vietnam attends 29th session of UN Human Rights Council
The Mothers Act - Urgent, Important Human Rights Alert have 285 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 16, 2009. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.