With the Euro now almost matching the pound and the recession forcing families to spend their money wisely, more and more people are turning their backs on European destinations and opting to holiday in the UK. “Stay-cationing”, as the media is dubbing it, is becoming increasingly popular and not just for financial reasons. How well travelled are you within your own country? Cheap air travel and cut price foreign holidays has led to overseas travel becoming the norm for most when it comes to getting away. As a result many UK destinations have seen a decline in popularity over the last 20 or 30 years but this is changing. Most can say they have been to Spain, Greece, Turkey and Portugal as well as more exotic destinations but this has often been at the sacrifice of really getting to know their own country. Now people are rediscovering England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland and the amazing holidays it can offer and it’s about time too! The Great British holiday has something to offer everyone and it’s good for people to experience the diversity of the UK and see what lies on their own doorstep. OK so we don’t get… Read full this story
- When will I be able to go on holiday abroad? All your key questions answered
- Holidays abroad should NOT go ahead from May 17, warns Wales First Minister
- England's lockdown roadmap will see holidays abroad return 'as soon as possible'
- Holidays abroad will be officially ILLEGAL for people in England from Monday with £5,000 fine for escaping the country
- Coronavirus latest news – New York variant hits the UK as holidays abroad BANNED until end of June
- Summer Holidays 2021: Is it illegal to book a summer holiday?
- What holidays can I go on? Latest rules on the breaks you can and can't book
- Your holiday booking could be stolen off you by rival Brits willing to pay more due to huge demand this summer
- When we'll find out which countries will be on the green list for summer holidays
- UK’s hottest places to visit this summer – and cheap deals for booking your holiday there
Why Stay-Cationing is Now Preferable to Holidaying Abroad! have 349 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 14, 2009. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.