All living things are interconnected through the great tree of life, and through our connections with other life, flows a vital force that sustains each of us like the sap of a tree sustains its leaves. Here’s the critical factor: no outside entity determines whether or not you are still important to the web of life, you do. It’s your own being, conscious or subconscious, that judges whether you are still a dynamic life force that needs to continue to prosper. Living with a sense of purpose sends a signal to your brain that says, “I still matter.” Harold is a good friend who inspires me with his passion for life. At age 89, he continues to work full time, though he retired from his paying job 10 years ago. Now he invests a great deal of his talent, energy, time and money into an organization called “Wayside Waifs.” Harold is the chief executive officer of this not-for-profit animal shelter that is dedicated to finding loving and safe homes for untold numbers of stray or unwanted dogs and cats. Each morning Harold awakens knowing that his mission is making a difference for our community; bringing love, security… Read full this story
- 150-Year-Old, Massive Eucalyptus Tree In Pleasanton Set To Be Cut Down
- 'Think about the bigger picture': life lessons from Meryl Streep and other successful women
- Which phone has the best battery life? Let’s find out
- Mum's mad mission to find me a father: She was six when her father died. Now, in a poignant new memoir, filmmaker SARAH ASPINALL describes her mother's eccentric global odyssey to find a new 'Daddy Man'
- 'He has never played with a child or patted a dog': Mum, 32, whose one-year-old son has spent 'half of his life in lockdown' pens an emotional open letter that resonates with thousands of parents
- The bizarre story of a man who tried to murder a 600-year-old tree
- Society of the Sacred Heart hopes for understanding, reconciliation as it delves into its history of slave ownership
- Happy Onam 2020: Wishes, Messages, Quotes, Images, Facebook & Whatsapp status
- Brave Thalia, 5, dies waiting for heart transplant as heartbroken family pays tribute
- 'My Secret to a Happy Relationship? Live Apart'
When Your Life Has a Mission, Your Heart is Happy: Staying Connected to the Tree of Life have 358 words, post on www.articlesfactory.com at October 21, 2009. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.