Bobby Kotick is at it again. The outspoken CEO of Activision Blizzard has gone on record as saying that Halo developer Bungie—who just so happened to sign a 10-year deal with Activision—is the only high-quality indie developer around. “Bungie are a very unusual company,” Kotick said during a talk at the America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications, and Entertainment conference (via CVG). “They’re probably the last remaining high-quality independent developer… that has sort of has institutional skills and capabilities. And they’re a real company.” And while Bungie is certainly good at what it does—as our review of Halo: Reach can attest—the list of other skilled indie developers is very long, including the likes of 2D Boy, 5th Cell, Capy Games, Gearbox, Level 5, Q-Games, Sucker Punch, Twisted Pixel, Valve and countless others. It’s an especially curious remark considering Activision recently attempted to court indie developers with a contest featuring a grand prize of $500,000. Then again, saying things that enrages gamers is sort of what Kotick does best.
- How to Save Big Bucks in Purchasing High Quality Stock Photos.
- High quality FDI enterprises are welcome
- Best Indie Games in 2019 for Switch, PS4, Xbox
- Indies Embrace On Demand Production
- From ColecoVision To iPhone Games: Some High Water Marks In Video Game Design History – Part 6
- EXCLUSIVE: 'He was never shunned. He was never homeless.' Pete Buttigieg's brother-in-law says 2020 candidate's husband is loved by his family and calls claims of a rift a 'sob story'
- Iran Localizes Development of Advanced Packaging Machines
- F1 CEO surprised at construction progress of Hanoi’s race track
- Company-wide Quality Management Systems: How do they differ?
- Family seeks answers after tech CEO Erin Valenti found dead in rental car
Activision CEO says Bungie only high-quality indie developer have 280 words, post on arstechnica.com at September 21, 2010. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.