It looks like Intel is taking a page out of Polaroid’s book. The instant-print camera company brought Lady Gaga on as creative director last year, and now chip manufacturer Intel has hired will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas for the same purpose.In a press release, Intel announced the musician will serve the world’s largest chip maker as director of creative innovation and will collaborate with the company on specific products, namely laptops, smartphones, and tablets.Will.i.am will be involved in Intel’s “computer continuum” campaign. The company is focused on connectivity in its devices, and the artist’s influence is also intended to infuse entertainment into the brand and its forthcoming products. “Nearly everything I do involves processors and computers, and when I see an Intel chip I think of all the creative minds involved that help to amplify my own creativity,” he said at today’s press event.If you’re having trouble taking this seriously, you’re not alone. It can be difficult to swallow when celebrities are tied to major technical companies, like Intel. Still, creative input never hurts. Critics were quick to pan Lady Gaga’s involvement with Polaroid as nothing more than a PR move, but by all accounts she’s been an active… Read full this story
- Recipe: How to make Black Eyed Peas Patty
- Black Lives Matter UK to start funding groups from £1.2m donations
- ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’: Shaka King’s Movie Wrestles With the History of Black Power
- Creative Capital: The Singapore chocolatier who only works with Asian farmers
- Creative Capital: The entrepreneur who's making people smell good naturally
- 50 Companies Founded by Black Entrepreneurs
- Creative Capital: The actor who's also a photographer and creative director
- Commentary: Are Singapore businesses just not creative enough?
- Black History From the Year You Were Born
- ‘Judas And The Black Messiah’ Director Shaka King Corrects Misinformation About Black Panther Party, Focuses On Their “Vision For Bettering The World”
Intel names Black Eyed Peas’ will.i.am as director of creative innovation have 325 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at January 25, 2011. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.