LOS ANGELES–Last year, Microsoft pulled out all the stops for its Xbox 360 press conference at the 2009 Electronic Entertainment Expo. Besides bringing out the two surviving Beatles to promote their eponymous Rock Band game, the software giant took the wraps off a slate of titles, including Halo: Reach, Crackdown 2, and Left 4 Dead 2. It also unveiled Project Natal, its camera-based motion-sensing system that will allow users to play games and control the 360 dashboard without a controller. Microsoft is treating Natal’s October launch like that of a new console, even giving the system its own dedicated “premiere” at this year’s expo with the help of the French-Canadian circus troupe Cirque du Soleil. At that event, the system’s final name–Kinect (pronounced “connect”)–was unveiled after some dizzying acrobatics and lavish spectacle. As for the main event, anticipate more details on Gears of War 3, the capper to the 12-million-selling, third-person action series. Multiple all-new titles are expected to be revealed as well, and rumors are circulating that a new, slimmer version of the Xbox 360 itself may make its debut at the event. The new console was apparently outed early on Sunday evening, thanks to an Italian-language banner ad… Read full this story
- Best Xbox Live Gold Deals for November 2021 | Digital Trends
- Timothée Chalamet used to make Xbox controller mods on YouTube
- PS4 vs. Xbox One: Which Console Is Better for You? | Digital Trends
- Among Us Coming to PlayStation, Xbox in December; Will Also Be Featured on Xbox Game Pass Alongside
- How Xbox Live, Google Maps and Splinter Cell led to a lifelong transatlantic friendship
- Microsoft Says Supply Woes to Continue for Xbox, Sees Cloud Business Growth
- London 2012 Review
- Games with Gold November reveal: Will it compare to PS Plus and First Class Trouble?
- With Mesh for Teams, Microsoft plans to bring 3D workspaces to remote workers in 2022
- The Best Games to Play with Friends Online | Digital Trends
Xbox 360 Slim shipping now, Kinect due Nov. 4 have 311 words, post on www.gamespot.com at April 18, 2011. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.