Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson’s team selection to play Schalke in the Champions League semifinals on Wednesday will be influenced by the potential Premier League title decider against Chelsea four days later. Just when Man United hoped to be wrapping up a record 19th English league title, the team’s lead was cut to three points after losing at Arsenal on Sunday. Ferguson’s side will be toppled from the Premier League summit on Sunday with a loss to Chelsea, which has the week off after being eliminated by United in the Champions League quarterfinals. Ferguson blames Sunday’s loss at Arsenal on the lack of recovery time after winning 2-0 at Schalke in the first leg last Tuesday. ”All four semifinalists lost this weekend too and there are certain statistics that tell you the European games do take it out of you,” Ferguson said Tuesday. ”That has to have a bearing on my team selection. We have two massive games, both as important as the other. ”Chelsea is massive, so I have to pick the right team tomorrow to ensure I have the same kind of freshness I need for Sunday’s match. Hopefully I will have the nucleus of a team that… Read full this story
- Scientists lay out how to save a melting Antarctica -- and the rest of the world
- Is My Low Resting Heart Rate Too Low?
- Usman Khawaja's masterpiece puts perceptions to rest
- Verizon's quarter holds up; Metrics mixed; Mum on Storm units
- Hundreds of demonstrators gathered in Charlottesville one year after the deadly Unite the Right rally — here's how the day unfolded
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite: Tips and tricks for October 2019
- He spent 27 years wrongly convicted of murder. He wants to spend the rest encouraging inmates to read
- Letters: HIV/AIDS, National Climate Assessment, Citizens' Climate Lobby, health care, Andy Rooney
- Former Leeds United boss Peter Reid reveals all about £7,000 hair transplant
- United pulls the plug on laptops
United to rest Rooney have 319 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 2, 2011. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.