Joe Leopoldi’s Hardware 415 5th Ave., Brooklyn; (718) 499-6563 How does one go about choosing the best hardware store in New York? It really comes down to longevity, knowledge, prices and number of generations working under the same roof. Joe Leopoldi’s Hardware maintains all four qualifications. The 1,000-square-foot Park Slope store has been around since Joe Leopoldi bought it in 1966 after a stint in the luncheonette business. When Joe died in 1989, his three sons — Joe, Pete and Rob — took over. After 45 years in the business, their mother Flo, better known as Ma to all the regulars, still sits at the front of the store every day and always brings cookies and candy. And the prices can’t be beat. As Pete says, “The workers at the big box stores send customers over to us. We’ve got a better selection and lower prices.” Beacon Paint & Hardware 371 Amsterdam Ave., Manhattan; (212) 787-1090 If you can’t find what you need at Beacon Paint & Hardware it probably doesn’t exist. The Stark family has been running the upper West Side storefront since 1971. Bruce, Steven and Ellen took over the store from their father in 2003 and now… Read full this story
- Surveillance video shows personal assistant, 21, 'buying an electric saw and cleaning supplies from a hardware store just HOURS before he decapitated and dismembered his wealthy boss inside his New York apartment'
- The Biden family rap sheet: How Joe's relatives have been busted for drug possession, credit card theft, fights with the NYPD and multiple DUIs - but have never served time
- Microsoft to shut down all its retails stores
- FMIA: Tour Of Vikings Complex Gives Insight Into NFL’s New Normal In ’20
- The OFM 50: the 50 hottest places, people and trends in food
- Special Report: As world approaches 10 million coronavirus cases, doctors see hope in new treatments
- Special Report: As world approaches 10 million coronavirus cases, doctors see hope in new treatments, lessons learned
- The 25 best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- 50 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- The best cheap Windows laptops and Chromebooks under $500 you can get now
Best Hardware Store in New York: Joe Leopoldi’s is the place to go for nuts and bolts in Brooklyn have 342 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at December 17, 2011. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.