All week they’ve been holed up in a second-floor meeting room in their team’s downtown Indianapolis hotel, with their laptops and their 34-inch flat-screen monitors, devouring film like ravenous wolves. There are some 300 unrestricted free agents to evaluate, and thousands more college players to get a take on. The Giants of the present will be on the biggest stage in sports Sunday, but for the organization’s personnel and scouting departments, ensconced all week in a mobile player-evaluation compound, the Giants of the future are never far afield.Jerry Reese, the Giants’ general manager. “Our scouts should get a lot more credit, because they are the lifeline of what we do.Dave Gettleman is the Giants’ director of pro personnel.Matt Shauger, who scouted the Patriots and Ravens in the AFC Championship Game, delivered a 125-page report to Tom Coughlin and staff that provided the template for the Giants’ game plan on Sunday.Marc Ross, is preparing for the combine at the end of the month, along with the draft, and will wind up generating reports on thousands of players, based not only on raw data (speed, strength, height, weight, etc.) but also less measurable variables (work ethic and character). Players are assigned a… Read full this story
- Jay Glazer Gives Full Play-By-Play Of Tom Brady’s Super Bowl LI Jersey Being Stolen
- FMIA Week 13: After Stunning The Seahawks, Giants Have NFL Thinking They Might Be A Problem In January
- Giants vs Seahawks NFL live stream: How to watch the game online
- South Africa's team balance in focus with Faf du Plessis rested for ODI series
- Super cubes: inside the (surprisingly) big business of packaged ice
- Inside the NY Times Probes Threatening a Star Reporter’s Career
- Confined to our homes, schools closed and small businesses in ruin: Prime Minister may announce tough new restrictions TODAY - so what will an Italy-style lockdown look like in Australia?
- How USA has become one giant hotspot: 1,172 Americans are now dying each day - an 80% increase in just one month - while hospitalizations soar to a record 96,000
- Intel Labs searches for chip giant’s next act in quantum, neuromorphic advances
- “Ellen Show” Employees Say They’re Losing Advertisers, Celebrity Bookings, And Ratings After Reports Of Sexual Harassment And A Toxic Workplace
While most of the NY Giants' employees are focused on Super Bowl XLVI, scouts are already looking to the future have 374 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at February 2, 2012. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.