I don’t think my phone has been silent for ten minutes all weekend. Between the robocallers trying to get my Florida vote, my friends in New York and New Jersey reporting in from Sandy recovery, and friends everywhere wondering about what happens if Northeasterners can’t vote, I feel like my phone has been surgically mounted to my ear. If you think both houses of Congress could come together and agree to change anything as significant as the date of the presidential election, I have a slightly storm-damaged bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. This is a good sign. While there are still so many heartbreaking stories from the tri-state area, a lot of folks are beginning to find things returning to normal. Sadly, there are still way too many people without power, way too many people with storm damage, and way too many people permanently displaced from their homes and businesses. To quote my good friend and fellow ZDNet columnist Jason Perlow, who also used to live in New York and New Jersey, and now lives in the ironic safety of Florida , “An event like this will certainly put your priorities back into perspective.” And yet. And yet, there… Read full this story
- What happened in the New York explosion and where is Manhattan’s Port Authority Bus Terminal?
- New York police ‘boycott’ Dunkin Donuts after one shop refused to serve two officers ‘simply because they were cops’
- New York City sues oil companies for climate change damages
- Playboy model dons dress made of MONEY on New York subway and gets strangers to rip notes off her ‘to help the poor’
- Developer’s bid for 100 new homes in Macmerry
- New York's homeless shelter on subway amid minus 15C temperatures
- New York unveils plans for first congestion charge
- York Light to present Guys And Dolls again at York Theatre Royal after 30-year hiatus
- New York City Ballet's veteran leader retires amid sexual misconduct allegations
- Have your say on new homes for Purbeck
What happens if New York and New Jersey can't vote in the presidential election? have 339 words, post on www.zdnet.com at November 5, 2012. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.