A police detective testified at Oscar Pistorius’ bail hearing Wednesday that authorities have not found any inconsistencies in the star athlete’s description of his shooting of his girlfriend – a killing Pistorius says was accidental but which prosecutors call murder. The second day of the bail hearing in a case that has riveted South Africa and much of the world appeared at first to go against the double-amputee runner, with prosecutor Gerrie Nel saying a witness can testify to hearing ”non-stop talking, like shouting” between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. before the predawn shooting on Valentine’s Day. Pistorius said in an affidavit read in court Tuesday that he and girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, a 29-year-old model and budding reality TV star, had gone to bed and that when he awoke during the night he detected what he thought was an intruder in the bathroom. He testified that he grabbed his 9 mm pistol and fired into the door of a toilet enclosed in the bathroom, only to discover later to his horror that Steenkamp was there, mortally wounded. The prosecution alleged the couple had a fight before he fired shots. Under cross-examination by the defense, police Detective Warrant Officer Hilton Botha… Read full this story
- New detail emerges about items stolen from free Christmas Day dinner pub
- Philip Seymour Hoffman death: more details emerge as it's revealed 46-year-old was 'found with needle in arm'
- Details emerge of Royal wedding with less than 100 days to go until the big day
- Man found dead in Co Meath field believed to have been murdered by Kinahan Cartel as fresh details emerge
- Hitchin Churchgate regeneration: Details emerge ahead of vote on joint-venture idea
- Two men suffered fractured skull and spine in alleged bid to kill them, court hears
- Jackson and Stuart were having breakfast when Ulster coaches rang to say PSNI wanted to see them, court hears
- Twenty masked men stormed into Belfast bar to issues threats in 'show of strength'- court hears
- Frampton cut ties with McGuigan after taxman called to his home about £400k VAT bill, court hears
- Jackson and Olding rape trial: Woman 'handled like a piece of meat' during sex attack, court hears
Details emerge in Pistorius hearing have 353 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 19, 2013. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.