During a working visit in Thua Thien – Hue province on January 30, Mr. Jonathon Guthrie, Director of Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) in Vietnam, committed to continue to help the province clear unexploded ordnance (UXO) from the war. At the same time, he also thanked leaders of the Provincial People’s Committee and relevant departments for their support over the past time so NPA could implement its operations well. At the meeting, Mr. Le Truong Luu, Vice Chairman of Thua Thien-Hue Provincial People’s Committee, highly evaluated NPA’s operations over the past time in the province, which have made vital contributions toward minimizing the danger of UXO and creating safe production land for local people. Most recently, NPA has supported the project minimizing the risk of UXO in Thua Thien-Hue province in the period of 2012-2014 with total capital of over USD1.6 million. The project has been carried out in the communes of Hong Tien, Binh Dien, Huong Binh and Huong Tho in Huong Tra town; and the communes of Phong My, Phong Xuan and Phong Son of Phong Dien district, with the goal of clearing remaining UXO from the war so that they no longer threaten local people and hinder the…
- Can Norway help Germany store green energy?
- Germany Helps Vietnam Reduce Birth Rate
- This simple trick will help you clear loads of space from your Apple iPhone
- Vietnam aiming for top three games finish
- Tech startups are finding fertile ground in Vietnam's 'Silicon Valley'
- US aids its energy companies to boost engagement with Vietnam
- US, Vietnam cooperate to clean up toxic Agent Orange
- Norway woman admits to burying body on her property
- Agent Orange: Bringing the tragic legacy of the Vietnam War to an end
- Obama assures Vietnam, rights 'no threat to stability'
Norway helps Vietnam clear UXO in Thua Thien-Hue province have 299 words, post on at February 1, 2013. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.