This is Tree. He’s different.Tree’s story is different. His approach is different. When he arrives at the rim, the result is usually different. Tree has a full name, Demetrius Treadwell. Tonight, Treadwell plays in his first NCAA tournament game, as Akron takes on VCU in Auburn Hills, Mich. Growing up, Treadwell saw himself here, playing on college basketball’s biggest stage, and had enough ability to think that was a realistic dream. At the beginning of this season, Akron coach Keith Dambrot saw his team here, playing on college basketball’s biggest stage, and knew his team had enough talent to think all the dreams and university-sanctioned “Think Bigger” campaigns were legit. There have been bumps in both roads, but Akron is here. Akron would not be here without the Demetrius Treadwell who has handled his formal responsibilities. On a team that has three key senior leaders even after losing its junior point guard, Tree has been a breakout star. Tree is a 6’7 junior with an asterisk, a proposition 48 player as a freshman who had to pay his own way and wasn’t allowed to work out with the team. He’s on the road to graduate on time and, per NCAA… Read full this story
- Farmers fear tree planting ambitions will lead to rural 'depopulation'
- Climate change is wiping out the baobab, Africa’s ‘tree of life’
- Country diary: the tree of life is burned, battered, but unbowed
- Trust the gumbo: Lee, Southern teammates believe Woods' recipe for team 'going to taste good'
- Homeowner fined £60k for vandalising a TREE to kill it after council twice refused to let him chop it down
- One Billion Trees: Labour challenge for the forestry industry
- How much can we really trust climate models to tell us about the future?
- Can Boris Johnson be trusted to act on the climate crisis?
- Boris Johnson refuses to take questions at climate change launch after sacked ex-minister tears into his broken green 'promises' and says voters 'should not trust him'
- Will Fort heritage mile meet its March deadline?
Akron trusts in Tree have 339 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 20, 2013. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.