Intel on Thursday named Brian Krzanich as the successor to outgoing chief executive Paul Otellini, and elected Renée James to take over Otellini’s duties as president of the company. Krzanich will take over as the sixth CEO in Intel’s history on May 16, when the company holds its annual stockholder’s meeting. The 52-year-old, who joined Intel in 1982, has been serving as Intel’s chief operating officer and head of worldwide manufacturing since Jan. 20, 2012. Otellini, who took over from Craig Barrett as Intel CEO in May 2005, also held the COO position at the chip giant before being named its top executive. Intel’s board of directors unanimously elected Krzanich, the company said in a statement. “After a thorough and deliberate selection process, the board of directors is delighted that Krzanich will lead Intel as we define and invent the next generation of technology that will shape the future of computing,” Intel chairman Andy Bryant said. “Brian is a strong leader with a passion for technology and deep understanding of the business. His track record of execution and strategic leadership, combined with his open-minded approach to problem solving has earned him the respect of employees, customers and partners worldwide,” Bryant… Read full this story
- Brian Krzanich Out As Intel CEO, Shares Fall 2% Amid Shakeup
- amazon earnings: Amazon announces Q2 results, first under new CEO Andy Jassy
- New Chief at Intel Aims to Expand Chip Making
- Intel Faces Scrutiny as Questions Swirl Over Chip Security
- She Was No. 2 at Intel. Now She’s Taking Aim at the Chip Maker.
- Intel to Build Qualcomm Chips, Aims to Catch Foundry Rivals TSMC and Samsung by 2025
- Intel: Intel to build Qualcomm chips, lays out roadmap for foundry business
- Intel’s Culture Needed Fixing. Its C.E.O. Is Shaking Things Up.
- Intel Buys Mobileye in $15.3 Billion Bid to Lead Self-Driving Car Market
- Intel Says Updated Chips Coming to Protect Against Meltdown, Spectre
Intel Elects COO Brian Krzanich as New CEO have 313 words, post on in.pcmag.com at May 2, 2013. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.