PRESCOTT, United States / Arizona, – The US military has ordered four air tankers to join fire-dousing efforts in Arizona, where firefighters were battling a still out-of-control inferno which killed 19 of their comrades. The Modular Airborne Fire Fighting System (MAFFS) planes will be redeployed from other states to help tackle blazes including the Yarnell Hill fire, which remained zero per cent contained despite a doubling of ground crews fighting it. Investigators are still probing exactly what happened in Sunday’s tragedy, the most deadly wildfire incident in 80 years and the biggest firefighter loss of life since the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York. More tributes were added to a make-shift memorial outside the local fire station where the mostly-young firefighters, part of the Granite Mountain hotshots, an elite group sent in first to tackle blazes on the ground. All but one member of the 20-strong team perished in the blaze, after a wall of flame they were trying to stop apparently blew straight into them. Some had sought refuge in last-ditch cocoon-like protection shelters, but to no avail. The fire which killed them remains out of control. Over 400 firefighters are working on the blaze, up from 200… Read full this story
- Singapores A330 tanker aircraft heads to Qatar to help US airlift evacuees from Afghanistan
- Casinos excluded from Caldor Fire evacuation orders as blaze approaches Lake Tahoe
- RSAF tanker aircraft, 77 SAF soldiers off to help transport evacuees from Afghanistan
- Dixie fire fighter dies as blaze spreads to 889,000 acres
- Time to get your BP checked: Air pollution, hypertension among top risk factors for death in India in 2019
- EastEnders’ Kheerat Panesar murdered in fire as serial killer Gray leaves him for dead?
- California's Dixie Fire destroys homes as blazes continue to rage across the West
- Wildfires Keep Getting Worse. Those Fighting Them Can’t Stand Much More.
- What Happens to the Millions of Dollars Donated to Help Victims of Mass Murder?
- American Bombers Blaze Toward Russia In Provocative Show Of Force
US air tankers help fight killer Arizona blaze have 320 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 3, 2013. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.