If you got an Xbox One today and your disc drive isn’t working, Microsoft has no answer for you yet—they say to contact their customer service people for help.
Microsoft doesn’t have a fix yet for the issue, which has caused Xbox One Blu-ray drives to make a horrible grinding noise when they try to read discs. It’s not clear just how many Xbox Ones are affected, but after reporting on the original issues this morning, I’ve received close to 100 e-mails from people who say they or their friends ran into this same problem.
We reached out to Microsoft for comment this morning, and they sent over the following statement this afternoon:
We know that with a hardware launch of this magnitude customers will have questions and we have many avenues for customers to get the answers they need and get back in the game as soon as possible. Rest assured we plan to take care of our customers. Any customer who believes they are experiencing an issue with their Xbox One should reach out to us.
There are many avenues available for customers to get in touch with us including:
– Talking to a live customer support person that can call you back if you don’t want to wait
– Xbox.com for support pages and forums
– On Twitter with @XboxSupport
– There are also Help and diagnostics on the console by saying “Xbox Help”
This is what the disc drive issue looks and sounds like:
Meanwhile, IGN says one of their Xbox Ones ran into the same issue today. We’ll keep you updated as we continue to learn more about the Disc Drive of Doom.
UPDATE: Here’s Microsoft with another statement: “The issue is affecting a very small number of Xbox One customers. We’re working directly with those affected to get a replacement console to them as soon as possible through our advance exchange program. Rest assured, we are taking care of our customers.”
- Microsoft Business Solutions Products Selection: ERP, CRM, Retail Management
- Data Backup And Restore - Solutions For Hard Drive Crashes
- Microsoft Great Plains Worldwide Help & Support
- Microsoft Navision Implementation, Customization, Integration - Rio de Janeiro ERP Market Notes
- Xbox 360 Problems - What's Causing The 3 Red Lights On Your Xbox?
- How to Repair an Xbox 360 - A Rising Question Amongst Avid Gamers
- Five Steps to Buy an Xbox Console
- IT Department Skills to Support Microsoft Great Plains and Microsoft CRM
- Microsoft Great Plains Payroll Module Customization Scenarios
- Microsoft Navision Customization Upgrade - Tips For Programmer/IT Specialist