Car technologies is becoming increasingly important as more and more people become tech savvy and many current manufacturers have rolled on their focus towards this new emerging platform. Nokia is one of these manufacturers who want to come up with the next big connected car technologies. An announcement was made by Nokia on Monday that it is going to invest a large sum of $100 million in companies “whose innovations will be important for a world of connected and intelligent vehicles.” This huge fund is going to be taken care of by Nokia’s venture capital arm Nokia Growth Partners (NGP). Get the Free Tracker App to find a Nintendo Switch in Stock Rajeev Suri, the Nokia President and CEO stated that “Our new $100 million venture fund launched today further underlines our belief that the connected car is a significant growth opportunity.” It can be said that this new idea has followed the HERE embedded in-dash navigation system and companion application which was introduced by Nokia last year in summer. This technology was perfect as a driver’s guide showing him the appropriate types of apps and the bird’s eye view of the highway and even a zoomed in look while… Read full this story
- EMC to invest $100 million in India
- 50 Million Connected Cars Can't Be Wrong
- Apple Invests $390 Million in Laser Tech
- Is there a place for car tech in the CNET Smart Home?
- Uber to Waymo: We aren't using your self-driving car tech
- Toyota, Microsoft Launch Connected Cars Joint Venture
- HTC pledges $100 million to fund VR content
- AT&T adds Jaguar Land Rover to fleet of connected car partnerships
- By 2020 250 Million Connected Vehicles Will Enable New In-Vehicle Services: Gartner
- Ford, Amazon working to connect cars to smart homes
Nokia Invests $100 Million In Connected Car Tech have 297 words, post on www.i4u.com at May 5, 2014. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.