Some jokes just write themselves. And we’re happy to see that Nintendo has a sense of humor over its most recent executive hire: Bowser. As in, Doug Bowser, not you-know-who.
“Nintendo of America has hired a new Vice President to lead the United States sales organization with a name that’s well-known in the Mushroom Kingdom. Effective today, Doug Bowser (no relation to the King Koopa and Mario’s longtime nemesis) will oversee a variety of sales-related functions, including Sales, In-store Merchandising, Retail Strategy and Retail Marketing,” reads a press release from Nintendo.
While we were really, really hoping to see the grumpy, spikey-shelled turtle/dinosaur-like character grace Nintendo’s executive team, it’s perhaps a welcome relief to know that Nintendo’s new executive in charge of North American sales won’t be spending most of his working hours dreaming up new schemes for capturing digital princesses.
“Doug Bowser is an outstanding addition to our Nintendo team, as he brings a deep blend of both consumer package goods and video game sales experience. I know he will work tirelessly with our internal and external partners to ensure the broad Nintendo product lineup of hardware, software and accessories are strongly represented throughout U.S. retail points of distribution,” Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America executive vice president of sales & marketing, said in a statement.
Bowser was previously vice president for global business partnering at EA, which put him in charge of forecasting for the company’s console, PC, and mobile games. As The Verge joked, it’s only fitting that Bowser would come from Electronic Arts.
- Northwestern enters November in first place in Big Ten West after win over Wisconsin
- GREAT EASTERN RUN: Local ace Scott saves himself for the Frankfurt Marathon
- Northwestern clinches Big Ten West in 14-10 win at No. 21 Iowa
- Matching ‘Mario Tennis Aces’ characters with real-life tennis counterparts
- Virtual Reality Arrives for Mario Kart Arcade GP Drivers in Japan
- D.C. United finally got a new stadium, but did it sell its soul in the process?
- Why I love the Renault 4, by Russell Bulgin: CAR+ archive, March 1994
- College Football: No. 6 Michigan Has Road Breakthrough vs. No. 24 Michigan State
- Week 10 college football picks, games, odds: Notre Dame, UCF on upset alert in critical spots
- Notre Dame has too much at stake to stumble vs. Northwestern