When Energizer Holdings Incorporated split into two publically-traded companies, the personal care business branded itself as Edgewell Personal Care and chose the hummingbird as its logo image.
Edgewell also provides us with products to prepare us for everyday life like Schick razors and Skintimate shaving cream. The company creates Playtex, Carefree, and Stayfree feminine products, Diaper Genie, and Wet Ones wipes.
Edgewell products are those that we use at almost every stage of life.
The company takes great pride in what it creates, and like the hummingbird, Edgewell corporate culture embodies a challenger mentality. Edgewell employees are “roll-up-your-sleeves” kind of people who help each other out and share a strong desire to win.
When Energizer Holding Incorporated divided into two separate companies, management needed to ensure that both entities would not only be fully functional, but also in a better state than before the split.
Focused on top-line growth, increased market share, and simplified business processes, Edgewell decided to replace a very old legacy HR application. After comparing both Workday and SAP SuccessFactors solutions, Edgewell chose SuccessFactors, an SAP company, because SAP offered a rapid deployment solution and individual module implementation.
Edgewell replaced its archaic, labor-intense software with a modern, self-service model that’s accessible via mobile device and tablet.
SuccessConnect Las Vegas this past August, Jermaine Holt, director of global business services at Edgewell Personal Care, summarized Edgewell’s technological journey: “We were in the Dark Ages, and we moved past the 70’s, the 80’s, and into the 21st century…”
Holt explained that the organization was ready for advanced technology. Most employees were already using mobile apps and tablets in their personal lives. It only made sense to leverage this simplicity and convenience at the office too.
Typically companies struggle with lengthy implementations. Holt continued, “Most companies don’t have the patience for back-office software.”
Because of the company divide, the implementation project was on a time crunch. The solutions not only needed to be implemented and deployed at Edgewell, but also needed to be cloned to satisfy Energizer Holdings Incorporated.
The SAP Service & Support organization was selected to manage the implementation because, “The service and support team at SAP really knows their product. They’re able to tell us things that we don’t really see from an organizational standpoint. They tell us what to look for and what landmines may be out there in the organization that we don’t realize.”
By standardizing and centralizing many disparate processes, Edgewell is operating successfully as its own public company. Like the hummingbird, Edgewell Personal Care is fast, agile, and innovative. The company is committed to delivering wellbeing and simple pleasures to its customers.
You may think that I’m being dramatic, but without the fantastic smell of Hawaiian Tropic tanning lotion, my summers would be bland and gray. For me, that distinct scent triggers the release of endorphins. It means summer, vacation, and an abundance of vitamin D.
- Wipro acquires South African personal care company
- Supermodel Selita Ebanks remembers her life as a child in foster care
- RespirCare and HGE Health Expand Partnership to Make Same-Day Care Available to COPD Patients Nationwide
- Cat Person author Kristen Roupenian: 'Dating is caught up in ego, power and control'
- UK spends less on social care than nearly all the other countries in Western Europe with dementia patients among the worst affected by spending shortfall
- Nurse takes down Keeley Hawes’ claim TV life is just like NHS worker’s struggles
- Planning to buy life insurance? 5 things to check before you finalise the deal
- Real Housewives Of New Jersey: Joe Gorga talks sex life during guys poker party hosted by Bill Aydin
- My life in sex: ‘My partner’s lover visits our place once or twice a week’
- My life in sex: the woman who cries during sex