Retailers across the United States offered early Black Friday discounts to lure bargain-hunters on Thanksgiving eve, but initial checks showed crowds in brick-and-mortar stores were subdued even as online sales jumped. “It’s still early, and from what we are seeing so far the crowds are good but not great,” said Craig Johnson, president of Customer Growth Partners. The retail consultancy has 18 members studying customer traffic in different parts of the country. However, many stores were packed. At the Toys R Us in New York’s Times Square, a line of about 200 shoppers, hemmed in by barricades, stretched to the corner of 45th Street and toward Sixth Avenue, where the Macy’s Inc (M.N) Thanksgiving Day parade had ended a few hours earlier. The first shoppers through the door cheered as they were greeted by store employees donning Santa hats. The rush on the night of the U.S. holiday, a month before Christmas, reflects the new normal in U.S. holiday shopping, which was traditionally kicked off the next day, Black Friday. In an effort to attract the most eager holiday shoppers and fend off competition from Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O), U.S. retailers have increasingly extended their holiday deals by opening stores on…
- Tickets for Laos-China rail to go on sale at Vientiane Centre, online sale planned
- All the shops boycotting Black Friday 2021 sales including Next and B&M Bargains
- The Best Sales Online Right Now: Verishop, Casper, Samsung And More
- Marks & Spencer business boom as Ocado sales soar - so why have shares just plunged 8%?
- The fashion industry moves online
- Black Friday Deal or Dud? How to Shop Smart This Holiday Season
- Online retail popular in pandemic
- I’m an online shopping expert – this is the one giveaway phrase used in fake reviews and 8 sneaky sales traps to avoid
- Dyson Airwrap Black Friday 2021: Where to shop the best deal
- Prices may be rising, but Americans shopped more than expected in January
Thanksgiving shopping crowds 'good not great'; online sales strong have 318 words, post on at November 27, 2015. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.