For all the talk there is today about how offenses have to maximize their efficiency by either darting at the rim or spreading to the three-point line, not all attacks subscribe to that strategy. Heck, not even all efficient ones do. The Spurs have the third-ranked offense in the NBA (based on points per possession), and they rely on the midrange shot while taking few three-pointers. The Clippers have the fourth-ranked one and rarely ever get to the rim. Meanwhile, they’re near the top of the league in mid-range attempts per game.The Clippers can score, but they aren’t actually maximizing their ability because of that stat.For the second year in a row, the Clippers are winning games despite the absence of Blake Griffin. Last season, when the arguable best power forward in the NBA went down with an elbow injury, the team maintained, going 9-6 over that 15-game span. This time, Griffin is sitting with a quad injury, and though the sample is small, the Clips have managed to win their first three games without him. What’s the most notable trend over this time? The shot distribution.Griffin has become progressively more midrange-heavy over the years. Actually, the percentage of his shot… Read full this story
- Light rail debate shows 'change can be scary' but the Gold Coast still has a public transport problem
- Georgia football: Kirby Smart proud of Arik Gilbert for showing during spring game
- 'Vishwaroopam's DTH release will change the game'
- Paramount’s ‘Halo’ TV Show Season 1 Review: No, That Did Not Go Well
- The best multiplayer games on PS4 | Digital Trends
- apple arcade: Apple Arcade adds Warped Kart Racers as the new game
- What the Hi-de-Hi! stars did next - from Strictly Come Dancing to Coronation Street
- The best fan-made Pokémon games | Digital Trends
- 17 best PS5 games for every kind of player, from Gran Turismo 7 to Horizon Forbidden West
- The best fitness games for Nintendo Switch | Digital Trends
Blake Griffin’s absense shows change that has to come in his game have 320 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 31, 2015. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.