[ Update: More details on ship date, international pricing, Oculus Ready PCs, and exclusive games are now in the below story] After dozens of trade-show demos , two publicly available development kits , a $2 billion buyout , and nearly four years of speculation , Oculus has finally locked down the release details for the first consumer version of the Rift virtual reality headset. The $599 VR unit is now available for preorder ahead of expected shipments starting in March (though the shop page had some major loading problems right after pre-orders went live). Oculus says the headset will be available at “limited retail locations” starting in April. [ Update: Within 15 minutes of pre-orders going up, online orders were being told to expect a ship date of April. After an hour, the expected ship date was back to May. This suggests some combination of either limited initial supplies or very robust sales for the Rift. Here are the international prices listed on the Oculus Shop: £499 in the UK, €699 in mainland Europe, AUS$649 in Australia, NZ$699 in New Zealand, CDN$849 in Canada, ¥83800 in Japan, KOR$649 in South Korea.] That price will get users the headset, a head-tracking… Read full this story
- The State Of Virtual Reality In 2016
- The Best Black Friday virtual reality headset deals in 2019
- Facebook Could Give You the Oculus Rift You Always Wanted
- Score VR Game Discounts With Rift Anniversary Sale
- Virtual reality game Beat Saber reaches licensing deal with Imagine Dragons
- Apple boss says virtual reality is 'really cool' – but what will he do with it?
- The Oculus Rift S and Oculus Go are at their lowest prices ever
- 7 Famous Fictional Places You Can Explore With the Oculus Rift
- HTC Vive: Virtual Reality That's So Damn Real I Can't Even Handle It
- Facebook’s Oculus launches Horizon, a virtual reality-based social networking platform
Virtually a reality: Oculus Rift goes on sale for $599 [Updated] have 293 words, post on arstechnica.com at January 6, 2016. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.