It’s finally here — the Oculus Rift virtual reality system hit the market Monday after months of hype and anticipation. This is the first VR product of its kind to reach consumers. The company that created it, Oculus, was acquired by Facebook for $2 billion in 2014, and now flash forward two years later, its signature headset system is on the market with a $599 price tag. Oculus Rift charges out of the gate, getting an earlier release than competitors like the HTC Vive, which starts shipping April 5 and the Sony PlayStation VR, due in October. So, now that it’s out, what do the critics think? So far, the device — hailed by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg as the start of a virtual reality-heavy future — is getting mixed reviews. CNET Senior Editor Jeff Bakalar views the Oculus as a promising product that could improve over time. “As of right now, Oculus can only detect head movement. It will get the 3D functionality later this year (with an add-on). For me, the most compelling thing about VR isn’t necessarily where it’s at right now, but the notion of what is possible in the future five to 10 years down… Read full this story
- Oculus Rift VS Mobile VR — Can Virtual Reality Become Mainstream Enough To Crowd Our Mobile Devices?
- How to play movies on Oculus Rift?
- Downside Of Oculus Rift
- Oculus Rift VS Playstation VR — The Final Countdown
- Oculus Rift VS Microsoft Hololens—Augmented Reality Against Virtual Reality
- Playstation VR to outsell Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
- This needs to be developed for Oculus Rift
- Need Content For Oculus Rift
- Oculus Rift Experiences That Will Probably Change Your Life
- Action Games On Oculus Rift
Oculus Rift VR reviews are in: Should you buy? have 274 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at March 29, 2016. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.