Related News Rough seas, high winds delay search for Flight MH370 By Reuters/Tom Westbrook  June 22, 2016 | 02:36 pm GMT+7 Royal Australian Air Force pilot, Flight Lieutenant Russell Adams from 10 Squadron, steers his AP-3C Orion over the Southern Indian Ocean during the search for missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 in this picture released by the Australian Defence Force March 20, 2014. Photo by Reuters/Australian Defence Force Rough seas and strong winds have delayed the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in the Indian Ocean, prolonging the search until August in one of the world’s greatest aviation mysteries, investigators said on Wednesday. The search had been scheduled to be completed by mid-year. Australian officials, who are leading the investigation, said in a statement that more than 105,000 sq km (40,540 sq miles) had been covered in the 120,000 sq km search zone. Seas as high as 18 meters and strong winds battered the search vessels and slowed their progress, Australia’s Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) said. Flight MH370 disappeared in March 2014 with 239 passengers and crew on board shortly after taking off from Kuala Lumpur bound for Beijing. Investigators believe someone may have deliberately switched off the plane’s transponder… Read full this story
- Race against time to save the missing victims of Typhoon Hagibis: Japanese rescue teams search for survivors after scores of people were killed - with more storms due to hit the area
- NASA successfully launches space weather satellite ICON after two years of delays
- Borneo - Sandakan Wildlife Search
- Old Colwyn sea defence failure could cause 'massive disruption'
- High seas, low deeds
- Rescue workers battle mudslips, waist-high waters in typhoon-hit Japan
- Rescuers search waist-high muddy waters for missing people in typhoon-hit Japan
- Stranded In Spanish Seas With No Knickers!
- Searching for Costa Blanca Rentals and Holidays
- Heavy rain causes floods across Britain with more weather woe in sight as the tail-end of 600-mile-wide Hurricane Lorenzo could lash the country next week bringing 70mph winds and arctic blasts
Rough seas, high winds delay search for Flight MH370 have 317 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 21, 2016. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.