It’s easy to live like a hermit in 2016. More than that – it’s fantastic. With the plethora of delivery apps available, there’s really no reason to leave the house anymore. So I decided that for a week, I simply wouldn’t leave. For five days straight, I ordered all of my food via delivery apps. I downloaded all my workout plans. I purchased everything from lightbulbs to manicures online, to be delivered and completed in my little apartment in Brooklyn, New York. The experience was wonderful – but also worrisome. When delivery is everywhere, why should anyone ever leave their home? Here’s what it’s like to live like a hermit for a week in the age of apps. I woke up bright and early on Monday morning, ready for my hermitage. Then I realized — I didn’t have any coffee. I had hoped I could get it delivered from Clowder, a delivery app that specializes in coffee. However, the service has not yet expanded beyond Manhattan’s Financial District. From my apartment in Brooklyn, I was trapped. Eventually, I figured out how to use my roommate’s French press, using an “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” mug for obvious, ironic reasons. As… Read full this story
- National Lottery results LIVE: Winning Lotto numbers revealed with £20m jackpot up for grabs
- National Lottery draw LIVE: Lotto & Thunderball numbers revealed as Brits urged to check tickets for £2 million jackpot
- Teachers' Day EXCLUSIVE! Flora Saini Reveals Her Biggest Life Lesson She Has Learnt Over The Years
- 'How long will we have to live like this?!' Beth Rigby bashes Boris on endless rules
- UK's longest-known Covid patient, 49, dies after he 'couldn't live like this anymore'
- Freddie Flintoff talks facing time away from wife Rachael 'We're used to living like that'
- Movie review: 'Swan Song' reveals the realities of aging
- 'Nothing's changed': Parents who marched against loss of young lives ten years ago reveal heartache
- Gamescom Opening Night Live: The Biggest Game Reveals And News
- Sarah Harding ‘missed Girls Aloud bandmates who were like her sisters’ reveals ex Chad Johnson
I lived like a hermit for a week — and it revealed a scary reality about life in 2016 have 341 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 3, 2016. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.