AMD is using one of the best games of 2016 to clear stock of AM3+ motherboards and systems. The company announced Friday that you can get a free copy of Doom when you buy select AM3+ motherboards or prebuilt systems with AM3+ motherboards inside.The offer will be available until January 27 or when all those glorious free Doom codes run out; all free game vouchers must be redeemed by March 27. The deal will be available at a number of North American electronics retailers (both online and off) including Amazon, ASI, Cyberpower, Cybertron PC, Fry’s, Ingram, Ma Labs, Microcenter, Netlink Computer Inc., and Newegg.The story behind the story: While deals are always great, the AM3+ bundles are really about enticing people to buy now instead of wait for the next great thing. In 2017, AMD CPUs based on the Zen architecture are due to roll out. The new Zen chips (as well as newer non-Zen processors) will all unify around a new AM4 socket. For that reason, AM3+ components and systems must go.There’s a lot to like about Zen. For one thing, the new CPUs will be a real alternative to Intel, especially for those who haven’t considered the switch before…. Read full this story
- Users offered free Windows 8.1
- Is Arctic sea ice doomed to disappear?
- A tiring push for success seen as doomed to fail
- Chinese game publisher accused of copying Vietnamese game
- Vietnam losing small retailers to free trade
- Readers agree Viet Nam's visa system is too expensive
- VN needs fair trade certification system
- Viet Nam's education system fails History test
- Free trade complexities in Vietnam: TPP and EVFTA
- Cutting into red tape to reform business outlook
AMD tosses in free Doom copies to spice up AM3+ motherboards and systems have 274 words, post on www.pcworld.com at October 28, 2016. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.