A new law in Denver, Colorado, that allows legal weed in certain bars and restaurants could give the state’s “canna-tourism” industry a big boost. On November 15th, the nation’s most pot-friendly city passed Initiative 300, a first-of-its-kind measure that will allow businesses to apply for permits that grant marijuana “consumption areas” onsite. The bill clears a path for people to smoke in Denver coffee shops, restaurants, bars, and even yoga studios with special permitting. No one is more excited than the city’s marijuana-focused hospitality groups, which offer lodging, dispensary and farm tours, and classes for open-minded out-of-staters. As more states hop on the legalization bandwagon, industry experts tell Business Insider they expect Colorado’s canna-tourism revenue to dip. Initiative 300 could breathe new life into the space. Recreational marijuana has been legal in Colorado since 2012. Until now, public use of marijuana has been banned by state law. Tourists could buy pot, but had few places to smoke it. “Whether people like it or not, cannabis is a huge draw for tourists and there was no safe place to consume cannabis,” said Truman Bradley, founder of Denver dispensary chain Southwest Alternative Care and CEO of a newly launched canna-tourism group, Seed… Read full this story
- Medical marijuana: as profitable as Apple stores, but only for high rollers
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 5
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 6
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 7
- Fresh boost for George Osborne as economy recovers banking crisis losses
- Chinese cities on move to bail out epidemic-hit businesses
- The Rolling Stone Guide to Legal Pot: Colorado
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Marijuana
- Farmville creator: It's easier to help grow marijuana than negotiate with Facebook executives all day
- Is Legal Marijuana Getting Local Real Estate Markets High—or Is It a Buzzkill?
Colorado’s marijuana tourism business is about to get a boost have 286 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at November 17, 2016. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.