DONALD Trump divided Europe last night as France joined Britain in snubbing emergency EU talks on the bloc’s approach to him.French foreign minister Jean-Marc Ayrault followed Boris Johnson by ignoring the special summit in Brussels on the US President-elect.Hungary’s foreign minister also boycotted the talks, saying the reaction of some in the EU was bordering on “hysterical”.Foreign Secretary Mr Johnson’s aides said he saw no point in attending the talks — planned as a precursor to the regular EU Foreign Affairs Council today.Boris Johnson plans to skip the meeting — claiming his counterparts in Brussels should stop the “whinge-o-rama”.A Foreign Office spokesman said he would not go to the meeting but would attend a regular Foreign Affairs Council meeting.A senior UK official will be sent in his place, reports the BBC.A Foreign Office spokesman told the broadcaster: “The Foreign Secretary will not attend the meeting convened for Sunday. There is a regular Foreign Affairs Council meeting on Monday where a range of issues can be discussed in the normal way.”We do not see the need for an additional meeting on Sunday because the US election timetable is long established. An act of democracy has taken place, there is a transition period and… Read full this story
- Hassan Rouhani tells United Nations that he will not meet Donald Trump while sanctions remain
- Gavin Williamson becomes the second Cabinet minister to suggest the government WILL ignore any anti-No Deal law as he defends Boris Johnson’s plan to SACK disloyal Tory MPs who side with Jeremy Corbyn over Brexit
- Donald Trump urges Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson to form 'unstoppable force'
- Donald Trump launches all-out attack on Iran AND China and condemns Tehran's 'bloodlust' as he tells Beijing 'America is watching' crackdown on Hong Kong and accuses Xi of manipulating the world's trade system
- Donald Trump is entirely wrong about the Boris Johnson deal
- Telegraph issues correction over Boris Johnson's false UK economy claim
- 'Give me an election!' Furious Boris Johnson demands voters get the final say on Brexit crisis after judges rule suspension of Parliament broke the law - but Jeremy Corbyn is set to block the country from going to the polls AGAIN
- Donald Trump withdraws US from Iran nuclear deal: How the world reacted
- Why is Donald Trump ignoring Germany?
- Boris Johnson will make statement in Downing Street at 6pm amid claims he is set to call a snap election before Brexit if Remainers vote to block No Deal tomorrow
EU divide as Boris Johnson and other nations plan to skip special meeting about Donald Trump victory have 413 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 13, 2016. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.