MATTHEW MONAGHAN never made it big at Manchester United.He literally lasted a few months. There was a good reason Matthew failed and his stepfather thought, some 30 years later, Sir Alex Ferguson should know it.So he dropped him an email. Sir Alex still has an office at Old Trafford and is a director of the club, so stepdad Geoff might reasonably have expected to hear back from the great man to a note that said simply: “I think it will answer a question you may have asked yourself so many years ago, the reason you lost what would have been one of your best players.”A 15-word reply did come back. Not from Sir Alex but from United’s customer care department, which read: “Dear Geoff, We are sorry we are unable to pass on your email. Kind regards.”Had anybody asked Geoff, he could have told them Matthew had been sexually abused in the junior set-up at Crewe before joining Beckham and the like at United. He turned away from football towards alcohol and obscurity. Who could blame him?Clearly the word care in United’s customer care department is misplaced.If they do care, perhaps they will now pass the email on to Sir… Read full this story
- Sir Alex Ferguson’s Man Utd dream 10 years ago could finally become reality vs Wolves
- Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson didn’t let Gary Neville give up ‘f***ing’ captaincy as he feared Ronaldo and Rooney row
- Man Utd XI Sir Alex Ferguson NEARLY signed, featuring Zidane, Lewandowski, Shearer, Ronaldinho, Gazza and Kompany
- Sir Alex Ferguson backed to be more involved at Man Utd once Ed Woodward leaves
- Ralf Rangnick 'realises Sir Alex Ferguson dream' 10 years later with Man Utd decision
- Sir Alex Ferguson at 80: A tyrant, yes, but English football misses his blazing charisma
- What Man Utd icon Sir Alex Ferguson said to Ed Woodward to leave him 'horrified'
- Sir Alex Ferguson ripped into Man Utd star for how he spoke to car saleswoman
- Sir Alex Ferguson’s Man Utd dream realised 11 years later as Phil Jones starts alongside Raphael Varane against Wolves
- Cristiano Ronaldo's £160million Man Utd return collapsed because of Sir Alex Ferguson
If Sir Alex Ferguson wants to know why young Matthew Monaghan was a failure at Manchester United, he should ask customer ‘care’ have 359 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 11, 2016. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.