Home • PC Game Hardware • 48 Terrible name, promising CPU Jeremy Laird Contributor 19th January 2017 / 9:00PM Something good is about to happen. I’m fairly sure of that. RPS isn’t exactly hardware rumour central, of course. There’s plenty of that elsewhere and, frankly, I can’t compete. But after the downbeat tone of my recent Intel Kaby Lake coverage, I reckon it would be remiss not to balance things out with a quick preview of what to expect from AMD’s new Ryzen CPU. It’s definitely coming soon and will probably go on sale in around six weeks. Exactly how good is Ryzen going to be? I don’t know. But all the indications are that it’s going to be at least good enough to make AMD CPUs relevant for gaming again.The unavoidable context to all this is the question of whether CPUs even matter for gaming. We haven’t really the space to do that justice. It’ll have to suffice to say that I think CPUs do matter and I think having faster CPUs will enable better games. That aside, what’s for sure is that AMD’s inability to really compete over the last, say, five years has allowed Intel to sandbag… Read full this story
- Andy Murray gives British fans a Wimbledon win worth waiting for
- 2017 Arizona Diamondbacks: A complete game's worth of key moments
- WATCH: Spiderman streaker eludes chase at Florida football game, hops into waiting getaway car to wild cheers of crowd
- Video Game Review: Zone of the Enders HD Collection
- For Predators, Penguins, Game 5 of Stanley Cup Final all that matters
- SYSTEM UPDATE: The week's most interesting video game news
- Yankees' Derek Jeter, still two hits from 3,000, announces he'll sit out All-Star Game to rest calf
- 'Hunger Games' director Gary Ross announces he won't return to helm sequel 'Catching Fire'
- NFL flags referee Tony Corrente for swearing on his live mic during game between Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins
- Buffalo man selling record-setting collection of 11,000 video games
AMD's Ryzen: A gaming CPU worth waiting for? have 341 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at January 19, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.