It’s a pet obsession that both physicist Stephen Hawking and entrepreneur Elon Musk — two people credited with pushing the boundaries of technology and science in pioneering ways — have in common: Rampaging intelligence, borne within machines, could end the human race if utilized dangerously. No hype, just fact: Artificial intelligence in simple business terms AI has become one of the great, meaningless buzzwords of our time. In this video, the Chief Data Scientist of Dun and Bradstreet explains AI in clear business terms. Read More “I believe there is no real difference between what can be achieved by a biological brain and what can be achieved by a computer,” said Hawking in a video appearance at the 2017 Global Mobile Internet Conference Beijing. “Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn’t compete and could be superseded by AI,” he added.This isn’t the first time that Hawking has issued strong caution against AI, having previously warned that it could be “either the best, or the worst thing, ever to happen to humanity.”These are not just dire-sounding prognostications especially tailor-made for the lecture circuit. Hawkings and Musk also signed the Asilomar AI Principles, a twenty-three point roadmap to ensure that… Read full this story
- Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking Warn of Artificial Intelligence Arms Race
- Stephen Hawking Warns AI Might Capture the World, 'Replace Humans Altogether'
- Stephen Hawking Says A.I. Could Be Our 'Worst Mistake In History'
- Prominent Scientists Sign Letter of Warning About AI Risks
- Humans on Earth Will Perish in 600 Years, Stephen Hawking Warns
- China orders inquiry into 'world's first gene-edited babies'
- Pope Francis, Microsoft Chief Discuss Prospects of AI Development - Holy See
- ESPN cuts off Stephen A. Smith as he brings up the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in response to the ongoing NBA controversy surrounding Rockets general manager's deleted pro-Hong Kong tweet
- Cook Vs. Hawking, Musk: Apple CEO Fears Machine-Like Humans, Not AI
- Black Mirror in Action: Swedish Scientists to Revive the Dead in Robots with AI
Stephen Hawking issues familiar warning to China against AI have 323 words, post on www.zdnet.com at April 28, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.