Lenovo is taking on Dell EMC and HPE with its biggest portfolio refresh since it acquired IBM’s x86 server business three years ago, offering a lineup of servers, switches, SAN arrays and converged systems intended to show that it’s a serious contender in the data center and software-defined infrastructure market.The product launch, staged in New York Tuesday, was the first major event for Lenovo’s Data Center Group, in business since April. Lenovo wants to be a global player not only for the enterprise data center but also in hyperscale computing.Lenovo is tied for third in server market share with Cisco and IBM, well behind HPE and Dell EMC, according to IDC, and has a particularly steep uphill battle ahead in North America.The company unveiled 14 new servers, seven storage devices and five new networking fabric products at its Transform event.”This is the broadest portfolio announcement in the history of Lenovo,” said Kamran Amini, executive director for the company’s server and storage lines.The ThinkServer and System x server lines will continue to be supported but going forward the new servers, storage and networking products will carry the ThinkSystem brand, complementing the ThinkAgile converged-system product family.”I believe Lenovo’s new branding schema is… Read full this story
- GTC 2019: Huang Kicks Off GTC, Focuses on NVIDIA Data Center Momentum, Blue Chip Partners
- NVIDIA RTX Server Lineup Expands to Meet Growing Demand for Data Center and Cloud Graphics Applications
- How to Implement NSX Micro-Segmentation for Informatica (ETL) using VMware NSX Data Center
- Extending your managed services to customer data centers through VCPP
- How to Implement NSX Micro-Segmentation for Adobe Experience Manager using VMware NSX Data Center
- Using vRealize Network Insight to Fully Leverage the Benefits of NSX Data Center
- Double the Punch with Lenovo’s VX Series with vSAN
- Lenovo CIO's big question: 'Did we move the needle?'
- Google building third Singapore data centre
- How Lenovo uses martech to build unified campaigns around its separate business groups
Lenovo's ThinkSystem product barrage targets data centers have 324 words, post on www.cio.com at June 20, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.