“Spider-Man: Homecoming” came out this past weekend to critical acclaim. It also performed well at the US box office, earning $117 million in its opening weekend. But despite the anticipation for Spider-Man’s first solo entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, “Spider-Man: Homecoming” didn’t win the title of best opening weekend for a Spider-Man movie, according to Box Office Mojo. And it didn’t even get close. That said, the latest movie is the runner-up for Spider-Man opening weekends, narrowly beating out the first one in 2002. Though if you take inflation into account, the 2002 version swings into second place. It might be surprising to hear how the Spider-Man movies stack up in their opening weekends. The one holding the record for the best opening weekend is the worst Spider-Man movie, and the most emo one: “Spider-Man 3,” which earned $151 million. Considering terrible reviews from critics and audiences, that’s quite surprising. But the very, very excellent “Spider-Man 2” (seriously, it is so good) probably built a lot of hype for people to see the next installment as soon as it came out. “Spider-Man 2” itself, however, had the second-lowest opening weekend turnout, at $88 million. (Though, if you take inflation… Read full this story
- The Biggest Box Office Bombs Of 2019: Deadline’s Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘The Eight Hundred’ Coming On Strong In China Previews, Tops $20M – International Box Office
- Universal Making ‘Invisible Man’, ‘The Hunt’ & ‘Emma’ Available In Home On Friday As Exhibition Braces For Shutdown; ‘Trolls’ Sequel To Hit Cinemas & VOD Easter Weekend
- ‘Let Him Go’ Delivers First Ever Back-To-Back No. 1 B.O. Opening For Focus Features After Last Weekend’s ‘Come Play’ In Pandemic Market
- International Box Office: Top 10 Markets Fall 59% In “Disaster” First Quarter Amid Coronavirus; What’s Next? – Charts
- Stan Lee: Spider-Man should stay white and straight
- 2013 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament Tip-Off – #1 ‘Iron Man 3’ Vs. #16 ‘The Conjuring’; #8 ‘Gravity’ Vs. #9 ‘Man Of Steel’
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Spider-Man: Homecoming to Crossover Daredevil's Kingpin?
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Is No. 1 In Deadline’s 2019 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament; How Its Billion-Dollar Opening Rocked Exhibition And Generated A $900M Profit
How the opening weekend box office for ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ compares to that of other Spider-Man films have 350 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at July 10, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.