Halfway through his senior year at The Bronx High School of Science, Arun Bishop received an unexpected request. He was sitting in the principal’s office chatting casually with an adviser when the vice principal approached him with an offer from Marvel Studios. Marvel wanted to send the newest Spider-Man – the London-born actor Tom Holland – to high school so he could better understand his role as the teen Peter Parker. But because Parker is a brilliant tech whiz at the fictional Midtown School of Science and Technology, there was only one place Holland could go. You see, The Bronx High School of Science is not your run-of-the-mill high school. It is consistently ranked as one of the top high schools in the country, and students must score highly on a competitive New York City-wide exam to gain entry. The public school’s list of notable alumni is so extensive that it has its own Wikipedia page and includes eight Nobel Prize winners, the celebrity astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, and the “Iron Man” and “Elf” director Jon Favreau. (Full disclosure: I also attended Bronx Science, but I have yet to make it onto the Wikipedia page.) Marvel wanted Holland to shadow… Read full this story
- Sony, Marvel Strike Deal For New 'Spider-Man' Film
- Former high ranking Lake County police commander Daniel Murchek is indicted in the towing bribery scandal
- NC charter schools have nearly doubled since 2011. Some say it’s time for a new cap.
- One year after Parkland, NC lawmakers call for more school cops and mental health staff
- Lake Norman the world’s largest man-made lake? That’s what Trump says.
- Give us the $730 million you owe us -- NC schools taking state leaders to court
- NC lawmakers: Make schools safer by teaching about responsibility & controlling bleeding
- NC gets an ‘F’ grade for keeping lead out of school drinking water, new report finds
- Nearly 1 in 5 NC students are opting out of traditional public schools. Does it matter?
- NC school districts should still get the $730 million they’re owed, judge says
The inside story of how ‘Spider-Man’ star Tom Holland went undercover in a NYC high school to prepare to be Peter Parker have 336 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at July 10, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.