Foxconn, a giant manufacturer of electronics like Apple’s iPhone and Microsoft’s Xbox, said on Wednesday that it plans to open its first major American factory in Wisconsin. The announcement was made at the White House on Wednesday afternoon. White House officials said that the project would create 3,000 jobs and Foxconn will invest $10 billion into the factory. “The company’s initial investment of more than $10 billion will create more than 3000 jobs at a minimum, with a potential for more than 13,000 jobs in the very near future,” President Donald Trump said. The plant will be in House Speaker Paul Ryan’s district, and represents a big win for the Republican leader. Other elected officials involved in the negotiations included Trump, White House chief of staff, Reince Priebus, Vice President Mike Pence, and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. Foxconn CEO Terry Gou was the first official to speak at the announcement, and his short talk focused on high-definition “8k” displays, which would have higher resolution than most current TV screens on the market, which are sold as “4K.” The planned Greenfield, Wisconsin factory, will make flat-panel LCD screens for televisions and other electronics. Bloomberg previously reported that the screens could be… Read full this story
- UPDATE: President Trump announces US will exit nuclear accord with Iran
- Semtech and Comcast’s machineQ Announce LoRaWAN Network Availability in 10 Cities
- Apple supplier raises fears over US-China trade spat
- Apple cancels plans for $1 billion data center in Ireland after long delays
- The Latest: Trump announces details of NKorea summit
- Trump Exit From Iran Pact Halts $40 Billion Boeing, Airbus Deals
- EDITORIAL: Never mind who will work in the Foxconn plant. Who will work on it?
- Utility company seeks gas pipeline near Foxconn complex
- If Apple made a car, this is how it would have done it
- Trump taps acting Veterans Affairs chief for permanent job
Trump announces that Apple’s top supplier, Foxconn, is building a $10 billion TV factory in Wisconsin have 300 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at July 26, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.