BAYERN MUNICH legend Stefan Effenberg has told them to ditch Robert Lewandowski after his whinging over the club’s recruitment policy.After being knocked out of the Champions League at the quarter-final stage last season, they have failed to spend big this summer.European rivals Paris Saint-Germain plus a number of Premier League and Serie A sides have invested heavily in new recruits.That led to 29-year-old Lewandowski blasting his employers, telling Spiegel: “Bayern has to come up with something new and be creative, if the club wants to keep luring world-class players to Munich.“And if you want to keep up at the very highest level, you need these players’ quality.”But Bayern icon Effenberg has defended his old team’s policies and urged them to dump anyone who refuses to buy into their philosophy – even their star striker.Speaking in his column for t-online.de, he wrote: “On the one hand, he’s attacked the philosophy of the club.“Uli Hoeness has already said several times that they will not spend totals by €100 million or €150m. He also attacked his colleagues, who in his opinion apparently did not have the quality to win what he wants: the Champions League.“I said a few weeks ago that Bayern are… Read full this story
- Club selection
- The Latest: Official says at least 15 dead in El Paso attack
- Trump begins post-Mueller 'reset' by attacking Democrats, media
- Trump allies weigh last-ditch bid to punish Rosenstein
- Trump claims vindication in Mueller report, goes on attack
- Trump ditches plans to quickly release Russia probe documents
- FIFA 19 demo out today as ratings for the 100 best players in the game are revealed
- German Soccer Rules Europe, Can It Conquer the World?
- Dortmund versus Schalke: What you need to know about the fiercest rivalry in German football
- 21st Century Fox Takes Global Rights to German Soccer League
Bayern Munich told to ditch Robert Lewandowski after his ‘attack’ on Bundesliga club have 303 words, post on www.thesun.ie at September 10, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.