The big new feature of the iPhone 8 will be its screen – literally. Apple’s upcoming smartphone is believed to have a radical redesign that includes a new OLED screen that reaches almost the very edges of the phone – leaving only the tiniest of bezels. It’s a striking new look, but it doesn’t come cheap. According to a new research note from reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is paying between $120 and $130 per screen unit. (We heard about the report via Apple news site AppleInsider.) That’s more than twice what it normally pays ($45 to $55). In fact, you could buy an entire budget smartphone for that. So what’s the big deal about these screens? It will be the first time Apple has used OLED displays, and they offer certain advantages over the LCD tech it used in the past. OLED uses less power, offers darker blacks, and responds faster, making the overall picture look better (in theory). The iPhone 8, due to be unveiled on September 12, is expected to be significantly pricier than previous handsets from Apple – potentially as much as $1,000. (That’s technically £766, but Apple currently charges almost as much in pounds… Read full this story
- Apple warns of hardware defect in some iPhone 8s
- Time to finally get that iPhone? News counts down the reasons to - and one really big reason NOT to
- LCD-you-later: All of Apple’s 2020 iPhones may have OLED screens
- Diet iPhone: Can a new formula refresh Apple's bottom line?
- Apple's latest iPhone XS ad is a big, old mess
- Apple unveils iPhone 4 with better screen; Steve Jobs says it's 'biggest leap since original iPhone'
- Microsoft angers ex-Windows boss: Halting Office 365 sync on his new iPhone is 'crazy'
- Big Apple app-etite: The best iPhone applications for New Yorkers
- BIG REASONS TO WORRY
- iPhone XS: Here's the one reason why I'm definitely buying Apple's new phone
The iPhone 8’s crazy new screen is a big reason why it will cost so much have 304 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at September 7, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.