LOS ANGELES — OK, Google, and hey, Alexa. You won’t have Siri to worry about in the living room for the holidays. Apple on Friday delayed the pending release of its high-end HomePod connected speaker until 2018, saying it wasn’t ready for shipment. When the company announced HomePod in June as a higher-fidelity answer to Amazon’s Echo and Google Home — and its Siri personal digital assistant on board — December had been its scheduled release. In a statement, Apple said, “We can’t wait for people to experience HomePod…but we need a little more time before it’s ready for our customers.”Delaying products isn’t new for Apple. It also put off the release of its AirPods wireless earbuds in 2016 by two months, and the new iPhone X was pushed to a November release instead of the typical September launch for new iPhones. Tim Bajarin, an analyst with Creative Strategies, called Apple’s decision is a “smart move,” that buys the company time to get it right. “The last thing Apple wants to do is bring out a product that doesn’t work well, and have to deal with problems.”But its rivals haven’t been sitting still, coming out with their own updated speakers aimed listeners who will pay up… Read full this story
- Wireless Speaker Pioneer Sonos Files for U.S. Public Offering
- This Market Needs the FAANGs to Perform, Or Else: Taking Stock
- Sonos Beam Review: This Might Be The First Truly Smart Speaker
- Apple's Stumbling HomePod Isn't the Hot Seller Company Wanted
- Samsung is building the Bixby smart speaker Amazon Echo rival – but there’s a big catch
- Sonos Files Confidentially for Planned Summer IPO
- Asian Tigers Leave Taiwan Behind
- Best portable speakers
- Sonos is going to add Apple AirPlay 2 to its new range
- Spotify vs. Apple Music vs. YouTube Music: Which is best for your hard-earned cash?
Apple delays HomePod speaker, leaving high-end smart speaker market to Sonos, Google have 305 words, post on www.usatoday.com at November 17, 2017. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.